Saturday, November 3, 2012

Lulu & Family



When Heather first contacted me about a session, we were looking at a couple weeks out.  Then I heard the story of how she didn’t know if Lulu would last that long as she had kidney failure, we both worked on our schedules, pushed things around, re-adjusted and made it happen.  Even then it was waiting a few days.

We met with Lulu and devoted family at Fort Steilacoom Park in Lakewood and it was taking all her strength to walk and you knew she was doing it because she loved her family and I think she sensed this was something they needed.  We didn’t move around the park much, it wasn’t about quantity of places it was about quality of time with Lulu and of course getting some beautiful photographs with Lulu and her family.

That evening Lulu passed away and the news had me in tears.  There was something about Lulu, this gentle soul that reminded me of my first dog and it reminded me now, how important my own dog is in my life.  The joy and unconditional love they provide us is priceless.  I’m so grateful we were able to photograph beautiful Lulu before she passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to share the love! Leave a comment for us or for those photographed.