Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Port Townsend ~ Port Gamble

Before we started wedding photography, Sonny & I enjoyed taking road trips to various locations in and around our beautiful state of Washington.  Once the business took off and kept us busy beyond our expectations we stopped our weekend jaunts.  If we weren’t busy photographing weddings, we were busy with other projects around the house. 

This past weekend at the spur of the moment we decided to hit the road for a quick day road trip.  There were two goals for the trip.  One, stop at the Vintage Hardware & Lighting store in Port Townsend and pick up a few items for our 98 year old craftsman home that we’ve been remodeling.  The second goal was to just enjoy the road where ever it took us afterwards!  Of course, I couldn’t leave home without my beloved camera.  Below are a few photographs I took during our outing.

SONY DSC

This is the front entrance to the Vintage Hardware & Lighting store.  Very ornate!  I could visualize a beautiful bride in front of those doors.  The ornate doors would not steal the show from the bride.

SONY DSC

                                    In front of the store is the very European looking fountain.

SONY DSC

A close up of the fountain.  Again, I could visualize a groom or even the couple in front of the fountain.  Use some imagination – have a little fun.

SONY DSC

This was on a door of a building we passed as we walked along the main street in Port Townsend.  Just look at the craftsmanship that went into that door handle.

SONY DSC

Off in the distance we saw a lot of sailboats out enjoying the day.  That is a dream of Sonny’s to buy a sailboat and be able to sail up to Alaska in the summer, to Mexico in the winter.  I could go for that!

SONY DSC

           One of my favorite buildings in Port Townsend, this building has always intrigued me.

SONY DSC

I stopped and told Sonny I wish I had a bride or a young senior to pose in that doorway.  The old contrasting with the young beautiful just makes the senior or bride stand out.  This could make a stunning photo.  As could the photo below.  See even though we were getting away for the day, my mind was still thinking about weddings, portraits and photography in general!

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

As were driving through Port Townsend, getting ready to head out we passed four deer wandering around the homes.  Only one was really in a good position for photographs.  I didn’t want to get out of the car and startle them in an effort to photograph the others.

SONY DSC

                            Honestly, at first I thought this deer was one of those lawn statues!

SONY DSC

                      I just liked how the sun was shining down through the woods.  So peaceful.

SONY DSC

When we hit Port Gamble, I immediately said “I want to photograph a wedding HERE.”.  Do I ever get weddings off my mind?!?!  There was a beautiful church we passed that faced the water.  Unfortunately I didn’t get a photo of it.  I was actually distracted and didn’t think to take a photo!  I know, I’m shocked at myself.

SONY DSC

                                                    Victorian home in Port Gamble.

SONY DSC

We opted to take the ferry home, I always enjoy those opportunities to get out of the car and enjoy the ferry.  However, I rarely can just sit back and enjoy.  My enjoyment is walking all around, taking it all in!

SONY DSC

I just thought the sky looked so beautiful and had to share.   I hope you enjoyed this mini road trip with us.   As you can see, sometimes my mind just doesn’t leave wedding photography even when I’m not photographing a wedding!  We are looking forward to the improving weather so we can start some family portraits again and of course for our next wedding for Lori & Jim in a few short weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to share the love! Leave a comment for us or for those photographed.