Monday, December 30, 2013

Kegan & Jeff ~ Port Townsend Wedding

Vendor List as written by Kegan & Jeff. 

Photography l Family Affair Photography

Video l N/A  we didn’t have any

DJ l DIY - I created wedding playlists on an iPod and used the venues built in sound system.

Wedding Planner l DIY - with a lot of help from friends!

Ceremony Location l Fort Townsend State Park, Port Townsend, WA

Officiant l Lauren Anderson (close friend)

Reception Location l Northwest Maritime Center, Port Townsend, WA

Florist l DIY - we went to Pike’s Place Market the morning before the wedding, purchased a range of flowers in our colors, and Kegan’s Best Lady created the grooms ladies’ bouquets and centerpieces.

Caterer l Corina Bakery, Tacoma, WA (we HIGHLY recommend them!)

Suits l Suits were purchased at Men’s Wearhouse and grooms ladies dresses at J. Crew

Other Vendors l AA Party Rentals, Wedding Party App (a smart phone app that allows people to take pictures and submit them to your own website ? highly recommended!)

Jeff & Kegan’s story

1. Tell us how you first met? Who, what, when, where, why? Come on, give us the details, our inquiring minds want to know.

Kegan: I met Jeff in December of 2007 at a staff holiday party but didn’t really get to know him until the following fall, when we realized we lived in the same building but a floor apart. By early spring of 2009 our casual acquaintance had slowly morphed into friendship and before I knew it we were inseparable; I’m not entirely sure my roommate remembered what I looked like that semester.

Jeff: Kegan and I met while both attending the University of Puget Sound. I first saw him during a staff Christmas Party where we both worked on campus and I immediately knew I wanted to be his friend. I was able to get a mutual friend to introduce us and if you knew Kegan it wouldn’t come as a surprise that it took over a year for us to move from being acquaintances to being friends.

2. When did you know he/she was the one? Was there something he/she did?

Kegan: We house sat for his parents Memorial Day weekend a couple of months after we started dating and he executed a flawless 3-day long date. I remember looking over at him one night during a homemade dinner and thinking to myself “I can see a life’s worth of dinners like this with him.”

Jeff: Since we became friends we started to become something more, started to date, survived Kegan spending a semester in Ireland, graduated college, got “real” grown-up jobs. We started to build our lives together. There was not a single moment or thing he did that made me realize he was the one, but as we started to build our life together there was a moment I realized I could not picture my future without him in it. That was when I knew I had to propose.

3. Tell us about the proposal. Example: Did you see it coming? How long was it in the planning? How did you feel?

Kegan: It was Christmas Day 2010 and I had no idea it was happening. I knew that he was planning on proposing because we had talked about it (I’m kind of pushy…) but I was expecting it much later. I immediately felt awful because we had one of those stupid fights that couples have about how he waited until the last minute to do Christmas shopping and then it turns out that he had been planning this for weeks ? with my whole family in on it! He chose Christmas because that’s honestly the only holiday I truly love, even more so now that I have such a special moment to look back on.

Jeff: Anyone who knows Kegan, knows how he feels about Christmas (I don’t think he actually ever stops listening to Christmas music during the whole year…) So there was never any question in my mind that I had to incorporate Christmas into my proposal. The problem was that I had the realization mentioned earlier many months before! I stayed strong, saved for a ring and planned for Christmas. I hand wrote a note saying “Stand up and close your eyes” I put the note in box and wrapped that box and put it under the tree. Christmas evening surrounded by his family he opened the box and did what the note asked. I got on one knee and opened the box from my pocket with the ring in it and told him to open his eyes. I think he went into a bit of shock, but managed to get out a yes after I asked him to spend the rest of our lives together.

4. Tell us the one thing you love most about each other.

Kegan: This is going to sound like a cliché but he honestly makes me a better person. I went through so much in my life before we were together that I was afraid would keep me from being able to love someone. But I met him and I knew, practically from the beginning, that I could do it. He’s the most dependable, thoughtful, and loving man I’ve ever met.

Jeff: If I had to choose one (besides his beautiful eyes) it would be how we can spend endless amounts of time together and not get sick of each other.

5. If you feel comfortable, share with us something silly or quirky about the other person does.

Kegan: Late at night he cranks up the car stereo and sings along while dancing. It’s completely adorable and hilarious.

Jeff: If Kegan is a passenger in a car and we drive for more than 10 minutes, it is almost impossible for him not to fall asleep.

6. Besides getting married, what’s was one thing you were looking forward to on your wedding day?

Kegan: The cake. It was so good.

Jeff: Getting to see family and friends who live far away.

7. What’s your favorite trend for weddings right now?

Kegan: The DIY aspect ? if you really take the time, you can find some amazing ideas on DIY wedding blogs. There is so much information (both good and bad) on the internet that makes it possible to plan a relatively inexpensive, DIY wedding.

8. What inspired your wedding décor or theme?

Kegan: We’re both born and raised Puget Sound guys, so we knew that we wanted to incorporate the Northwest into our ceremony. Picking Port Townsend as the ceremony/reception site was an easy choice; what could be more NW than that city? From there everything sort of fell into place. I found a gorgeous color combination on a wedding blog that we used sporadically throughout but we really let the natural beauty of the Ft. Townsend State Park and NW Maritime Center to shine. Who needs to buy wedding décor when your reception venue has a built-in gorgeous view of the Puget Sound?

9. What’s one thing you wish you would have known earlier in regards to wedding planning?

Kegan: How complex and time consuming it can be. I dove right in to the process without really thinking it would literally take over my life for almost a year. Also, don’t be afraid to ask your friends and family for help ? you’re going to need it.

~ 253-970-5689 ~ info@familyaffairphotography.com ~ www.familyaffairphotography.com ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to share the love! Leave a comment for us or for those photographed.