Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fabulous Women

Below are the before/after photos of the wonderful and beautiful women who came to our studio for a day of hair, makeup and photography.  Some of the after photos weren’t my particular favorite from the their session, however, they were the best to help illustrate the transformations that took place. 


Recently we had added boudoir to our repertoire of services provided and what hit me the most about the boudoir was how women walked away feeling empowered, beautiful, confident and held their head high as they left our studio.  However, I knew it wasn’t something I would even dare consider doing myself; partly due to my age, partly due to my weight, partly due to my scars, but if truth be told I’m not confident enough to do boudoir. 

It was after watching those women who came in for the boudoir, that I realized I needed to take control of myself instead of neglecting myself and feeling unworthy of attention.  Years of past abuse in my life have been engrained in my thinking and I’m slowly working past the abuse inflicted on me and I continually give thanks that I now have a wonderful, patient & loving husband who knows when to step back to give me space so I can work things out and when to step in and stop the negativity in my own head.

Anyway, I really wanted to add a photography service, a ‘experience’ for those of us who just aren’t at the boudoir comfort level for whatever reason.  We all have our own fears and comfort levels.  Even at this particular session there were women attending who were uncomfortable simply hearing how beautiful they look.  Sadly, I could relate, I’d be uncomfortable too.  However, I am slowly learning that we are our own worst enemy, we often see the worst in ourselves instead of looking at the wonderful and beautiful qualities we have inside and out.  I’m learning that we truly need to love ourselves in order to fully love those around us.  That alone is a work in progress!

If you are interested in a ‘glamour’ session please give us a call and we will have a hair & makeup person come and then we will show you through our camera how beautiful you truly are!  Beauty comes from within and when you feel wonderful, it’s going to show in your images. 

We are also scheduling some mother/daughter sessions.  So consider bringing your mom or daughter, imagine both of you getting made over, a little bonding time and then having the beautiful memories preserved.

Credits:  Hair – Jennie D’Andrea 253-474-1720

Makeup – Stephanie Reilly  muastephanie@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to share the love! Leave a comment for us or for those photographed.